Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tuesday (05-08-2012)

Last night we went out to Wrap and Roll as a group and there was sooo much food.  You could make your own wraps and they had pre-made wraps.  They also had a pot of boiling water on the table and you put raw fish in it too cook it. I tried jelly fish for the fist time and it was pretty good even though it has an odd texture.

The next morning we went to UEF for a presentation of urban development.  I found out that close to 70% of the population owns a motor bike in Ho Chi Minh.  After the presentation we had language class where we learned how to say numbers and how to try and barter in the market.  I am terrible at remembering Vietnamese.

We then had lunch at the University with some of our Vietnamese friends and made plans to all go out to dinner tonight.  They will pick us up on their motor bikes at the hotel.  After lunch we went to our first company visit at Phu My Hung.  this company works on urban development and they developed in southern Ho Chi Minh which is now the upper class because of the development work that has been done there.  It was a very big culture change driving over to this area because it is so much nicer than the city.

On the way back to the hotel we found out that tailor is going to come to the hotel for us at 9pm because there are so many of us who want to buy stuff.  We got back to the hotel and my luggage is still not gotten here from the airport so I hope I will be able to get it soon.  A few of us went to the Co op market to use the ATM and I got some Koala Bear Cookies and bought a fresh roll on the street.

I am now just waiting until we we go out to dinner with out University friends and will probable take a nap.
Its hard to believe we have only been here two days it feels like so much longer because we have been dong so many things.  Later tonight I might try to upload some picture onto my facebook so check there if you wanna see some.

No comments:

Post a Comment