Wednesday, May 9, 2012


Wednesday (05-09-2012)

Last night the students from the university took us out to dinner.  I rode the motor bike for the first time and it was very fun.  They drive much slower than cars travel in the US because there is so much more traffic.  We all went to a “pancake” place, which was rice pancakes with meat and noodle inside.  We put this pancake into a lettuce wrap and dipped it into fish oil.  It was interesting to try, but I probably wouldn’t eat it again.  After dinner the students took us out to get ice cream at a place that is comparable to cold stone creamery.

The next morning we went to Vietnam Singapore Industrial Park (VSIP), which is the company that I am doing my report on.  They work with the government to help foreign businesses start by providing a prebuilt building and other benefits.  After we visited VSIP we sent to II VI (2 6) who built optics.  The company builds lenses for lasik surgery, military weapons and tattoo rem9+-oval.  It was very interesting because I got to see the real world applications of the physics I learned last semester.  I accidentally dropped my camera when taking pictures and I think it is permanently broken.  

After the business presentations we came back to the hotel to have lunch.  Later I visited Ban Tan market which is a very touristy market.  I bought a nice tie for $5; compared to the local shops it was very expensive because it only attracts tourists.  The market was extremely crowded and fast paced.  When I got back to the hotel I got my luggage back!!  The airport finally found it and delivered it to the hotel. 

After that the University students came to pick us up again to take us to a BBQ place.  I tried goat for the first time and it was very good!  They gave you the meat raw and then you cooked it yourself on a hot plate on the table.

I am now back at the hotel and and very tired and looking forward to a good night’s sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment