Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunday (05-13-2012)

This morning we had to wake up early because we were going to take a boat to the beach.  I had to get up at 6:30 and when I got up my ears were still ringing from the club last night.  Luckily the boat ride was an hour and a half so I was able to sleep on the ride there.  The boat was not what I expected it to be; the inside looked a lot like an airplane because of the way the seating was set up.  When I woke up and walked around the boat I was able to look at the scenery and got some great pictures of the jungle area and sky.  When we got there we got on a bus and went right to the beach.

At the beach we started by planning a few games.  We broke into two teams and had a dancing competition.  After this we tied our legs up the same way you do in a three legged race but we had to try and pop the balloons that were tied to each other’s feet.  Next we had a timed race to see who could fill up a bottle with the most ocean water as possible by running to the ocean and carrying water back to the bottle.  It was very interesting playing these games because we stood out so much that a lot of the other people at the beach started watching us.  Once the games were over we swam in the ocean and it was the warmest ocean water I have ever been in it was so comfortable.  Then we kicked a soccer ball around on the beach until it was time to leave.  For lunch we all rode to a seaside restaurant which was across from the giant statue of Jesus that is on a huge hill.  After lunch we trekked up the hill to see the Jesus statue.  The view was breathtaking and I made sure to take some photos on the way.  As we walked up the steps there were various Christian statues including one of Moses with the 10 Commandments.  When we got up to the top we were all sweating bullets but it was well worth it.  We took a group photo and I bought a few more souvenirs at the gift shop.  Then we walked down and got on the bus so we could catch our boat back to Ho Chi Minh City.

While waiting for the boat to board we found a KFC and I got a big sandwich witch was really good.  I’ve really enjoyed all of the Vietnamese food here but my stomach doesn’t always agree with me, that’s why it was so nice to get some American food in me because my body accepts is better. We got on the boat and headed back.  Once again I slept, it was so nice to take a good nap because I’ve wanted to most days of the trip but there is so much to do that I have stayed up.

I am back at the hotel now and we are planning on going to Black Cat for dinner.  This is a burger place that was recommended to us by the CEO of ASCENX Technologies.  After dinner we will probably go out and look for something to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment