Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Monday (05-14-2012)

This morning we visited Viet Thai International Joint Stock Company at Highlands coffee.  We all got to order a coffee drink during the presentation.  We learned that the company owns multiple franchises in food and service that are in Vietnam and other countries.  After the presentation at Highlands we went to The Hard Rock Cafe which is another franchise of Viet Thai.  They unexpectedly offered for us to stay at lunch there and treated us to some awesome American food.  We had nachos, onion rings, buffalo wings, potato skins, chicken finders, salad, ribs and dessert.  It was so delicious and it actually settled my stomach from eating food my body recognized.  After lunch we went back to the hotel and got ready to go to the War Remnants Museum.  The museum depicted the Vietnam War and the devastation experienced from it and was very graphic.

After lunch we had some time and a few of us decided to get a massage at the spa on the top floor of the hotel.  It was so relaxing we went into a steam room than a sauna then we took a shower before we got our massage.

For dinner tonight we went to a Japanese sushi bar.  It was interesting because many of the Vietnamese students never had sushi before so I knew more about it than them.  The sushi was so god and it was only 3 dollars for eight pieces.  I at least two whole orders by myself because I enjoyed it so much.  After sushi we all went out to get some ice cream.  When I got back to the hotel I was very tired and went to bed a little earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment